Joe O’Connor opened the first J.M. O’Connor office in Wichita, KS in 1920. The company specialized in equipment for mechanical systems. Joe emphasized engineering skills in the staff he hired and today JMO maintains a strong culture of engineering expertise and excellence. JMO featured a diverse product offering. In addition to hydronics the company also sold forced-air unitary HVAC systems, air filtration systems, and controls, representing Honeywell, Bell & Gossett, Kewanee Boiler, Bryant Boiler, Anemostat, AAF, and Vulcan Radiation.
Bob Piller, Joe’s son-in-law, joined JMO in 1949 and became President of the company after Joe retired. During this time O’Connor’s hydronics and forced-air HVAC divisions split into separate companies. The hydronics division retained the name J.M. O’Connor. Bob successfully led the business until the end of the 1980’s when his son, Lynn took over as President. In 1994 JMO expanded into Kansas City and became a regional distributor for Taco Pumps.
Sales Manager Warren Jurgens has driven the expansion of JMO’s commercial plan & spec rep business, focusing on education for the engineer and contractor base, as well as comprehensive training for all the JMO salespeople – tying in with our core values of education and engineering excellence in all our work.
JMO will soon celebrate 100 years in business (1920-2020) and has a century of tradition for excellence in education and sales support. Today, JMO looks to the future with a staff of young people, including Lynn’s son Jim, who joined JMO in 2019.
- Degreed Outside Sales Engineers
- Highly trained inside sales and tech support staff
- Emphasis on education, both internally and for our customers
- Modern in-house training facilities
- State-of-the-art ERP computer system with B2B website
- Extensive inventories of our products in large warehouses
- Lenexa: 22,000 sq. ft warehouse space
- Wichita: 31,000 sq. ft warehouse space
- Regional distributorship for Taco pumps
- Largest Rep stock of Taco pumps in the United States
- Ability to custom-build pumps to user specifications